Monday, May 16, 2011

Some Stuff...

It is the day before the day before the last day of school and things are super busy and tiring...so tonight I put on some Maroon 5 and continued to work on some "stuff" for other classes and continued to finish my evolution paper. But my brain started to hurt and I decided I needed to do a blog about Biology Class because I can't skip over this...this class was too good...So here we go.
Biology this year has been so much fun. I really have learned a lot of new things about biology but also about technology and how it is affecting our world inside the classroom and out. Biology this year also taught me that I can do anything I want to do. That I can make things and think. If I want to learn about something I can do it. All on my own. I control my destiny. < WOW! that was cheesy haha. But on a serious note, I can be a part of society. I can contribute. I am a someone. I think I already knew this but Biology really taught me that I should use this power...I should contribute. I feel like I was fortunate enough to have a great teacher who really let me loose. He gave me a chance to prove myself, which is really nice, because I feel as human beings we all really want that chance and we rarely get it. Now I'm not just saying this because I know he is probably going to read this post, I am saying it because it is nothing but the plain truth. So huge thank you out to him :)
I think what I liked most about this class was the feeling that what I was learning actually mattered. I mean, How many times have you had a class and felt like the information you were getting from it was nothing but useless? What is the point in that? This class was so different. And I enjoyed that. I enjoyed being giving the choice to do my work or to not do it. There was a choice. Learn or Don't Learn. But if you choose to learn you can do it your way. I feel like that pushed me to try. It gave me extra incentive in my studies.
 Now, I'm not saying that this was all rainbows and butterflies all the time, there were plenty of late nights reviewing and studying, trying to connect my blog post to what I was learning about. But it was worth it. I feel now that I can apply what I learned to my life...

So to wrap it up, because I worry I will start to ramble soon...next year I will be a junior and I am not totally sure how I feel about that yet...but I figure it will be okay...I will just remember what I learned in Biology...and I should do fine ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sierra. That was a really good post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete